most people don't have time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast every day. But not eating or choosing a nutritious alternative is definitely not the way. Getting the right morning nutrition is not only the key to getting your brain and body moving at a high speed, but also helps you meet your daily nutritional needs. To help you achieve your health and fitness goals, we've created 12 milkshakes for morning use that contain at least 200 calories and 10 grams of protein, which your body needs to continue to supply, instead of sugar and 15 grams or less of net carbohydrates. So whether you're going for ketones or controlling carbs for other reasons, these breakfasts won't undermine your health goals.
Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN
1. Frappuccino yoghurt shake
most frappuccinos are not designed for carbohydrate focused consumers. A 12 ounce coffee shop style Frappuccino provides about 50 grams of total carbohydrates, most of which are added sugar. In addition, you are likely to drink some artificial flavors and preservatives. Hate! Fortunately, here's a delightful, carbohydrate friendly alternative - it includes whipped cream, a bit like having dessert for breakfast! This smoothie is made from whole milk Greek yoghurt fed with grass. It will bring you a double blow of protein and probiotics. Your muscles and guts will thank you!
formula and nutrition information: Frappuccino yoghurt shake Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN
2. Have you ever eaten cream? This milkshake will remind you of your childhood summer staple, but unlike classic pop music, this formula is better for you because it doesn't add sugar, corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup. This large milkshake is made from whole milk of Greek yoghurt fed with grass. It also contains Chia seeds, which can provide healthy Omega fat, dietary fiber and health promoting properties. Where does the orange smell in this recipe come from? Freshly ground orange - absolutely no artificial.
formula and nutrition information: Orange vanilla milkshake CDN
3. Vegetarian chocolate nut milkshake with sea salt
want to find something sweet in the morning, but don't want to destroy all your efforts? You'll get chocolate and peanut butter, plus a little sea salt to keep the balance. There is no dairy here, so vegetarians can take part in this almond milk shake. And a lot of calcium! But perhaps the most interesting is the combination of hemp seeds and natural peanut butter. They all provide a little body and heart fat and an important protein.
recipes and nutrition information: sea salt vegetarian chocolate nut milkshake CDN
4. Vegetarian tips for the sweet avocado milkshake
avocado toast may be more worthy of labeling on instagram than this milkshake, but this delicious treat will achieve a longer healthy mileage than its bread-based products of the same kind. It is rich in calcium and iron as well as unique carbohydrates; its total carbohydrate content is also relatively low, but its dietary fiber content is high. This has a lot to do with avocados: only half of them provide about 4.5g of fiber. This nutritious milkshake is luxurious in taste, sweet and fragrant, which will give you endless aftertaste.
recipes and nutritional information: tips for vegan avocado milkshakes Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN
5. Do you like the thick milk shake? Do you like caffeine in the morning? If you answer "yes", you will find the right recipe! This thick, creamy Mocha drink with shake has a full milk Greek yoghurt base and finished with a unique cacao nib. Right on!
formula and nutrition information: coffee Mocha shake and cocoa bean tip Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN
6. Vanilla avocado milkshake
milkshake can satisfy "delicious teeth", not just sweets! So if you need to be free from all the sweetness, give this fragrant shake a spin. Its soft creamy flavor comes from Greek yoghurt and avocado. But instead of all the other sweet ingredients, choose marijuana seeds, fresh dill, lemon peel and sea salt. In fact, it's so nutritious that you might want to treat it as a smoothie bowl or iced soup rather than drink it from a glass. No matter how you decide to put it in your stomach, it will provide a lot of protein, eye-friendly lutein and zeaxanthin.
formula and nutrition information: vanilla avocado shake Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN
7. "Everything" cream cheese shake
there is no need to take a "everything" bagel to enjoy the delicious flavor of "everything". This smart and delicious cream cheese shake will provide you with the essence of the bagel experience without bagels. This is definitely a way to reduce carbohydrates! Add scallion oil to add flavor. Sprinkle "all" bagel seasoning on top, and make your own spices if you like. Just mix the same amount of roasted white sesame, black sesame, poppy seed, dried garlic, dried onion and sea salt.
recipes and nutritional information: all cream cheese shake raspberry peanut butter shake fruit is a good thing, even if you want to control carbohydrates. Fresh raspberries are rich in polyphenols, which help reduce inflammation and pain caused by arthritis. Fruit also provides a pleasant aftertaste to this nutty milkshake. The combination of milk, Greek yogurt and peanut butter creates the foundation for cream. Be sure to choose natural peanut butter without sugar - no one's body needs sugar. Generally speaking, it is regarded as a kind of Pb & J drink with nutrition (drinkable).
formula and nutrition information: raspberry peanut butter milkshake Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN
9. It's rare to find so many fibers in the vegetarian fresh mint milkshake
but this one provides fiber and taste. The combination of fresh mint leaves and pure mint extract provides the perfect mint flavor, while the combination of avocado and spinach provides all the natural green expected by Mint shake. And because it's made from plain unsweetened almond milk, even the most strict vegetarians can eat it.
Recipe and nutrition information: vegetarian fresh mint milkshake Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN
10. Would you like cinnamon bread for breakfast? If so, know that it can reduce 880 calories, 127 grams of total carbohydrates and 58 grams of total sugar. Wow, it's a crazy amount of "bad" carbs! In fact, women don't eat more than 25 grams of sugar a day, and men don't eat more than 38 grams of sugar a day, which definitely exceeds the recommendations of the American Heart Association. For a better choice, try this milkshake. It may satisfy your sweet cinnamon like desire. In addition, you will do so while getting a significant amount of calcium!
formula and nutrition information: sunrise cinnamon flavor milkshake Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN
11. Are you a green tea drinker rather than a black coffee drinker? Then this thick milkshake will suit your style. It's made of matches, but it won't overpower the taste of green tea novices. It can be seen as a unique (green) dessert, but green tea has nutritional value, including polyphenols with potential anti obesity and anti diabetes properties. In addition, this shake is rich in high-quality protein, thanks to a cup of 100% pure grass milk Greek yogurt!
formula and nutrition information: matchaccino yoghurt shake Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN
What do you think? Are you following a carbohydrate focused lifestyle? Does your diet include milkshakes or smoothies? Please tell us your favorite in the comments below!
Credit: Jackie Nugent, RDN, CDN