Vegetables and desserts are two words that are not usually used together, but maybe they should be used together! Although ordinary raw vegetables are not all appetizers for most people, they will change from unimaginable to unimaginable when they are promoted by bold tastes (and given fancy names). In fact, in a study published in October 2019 in the journal Psychological Science, the researchers provided participants with the same vegetables, but with different names - one that sounded indulgent (for example, "twisted, citrus flavored glazed carrots"), the other healthy. They found that people were more likely to choose vegetables with indulgent names - although the actual dishes did not change. So go ahead and enjoy these 10 healthy recipes!
Credit: Sarah pfluglert / Livestrong. Com
1. Asigo baked potato chips with sour cream and leek are famous for their high carbohydrate content, which is often avoided in the cruel diet world. Now it's time to stop humiliating potatoes and admit that they are one of the most versatile and delicious vegetables available. A medium red potato will give you 36% of the recommended amount of vitamin C every day. When you don't remove the skin, you will get more than 3 grams of fiber. When baked in an oven at high temperature, they form a crispy texture that can easily compete with fried potatoes without producing unhealthy trans fats. Instead of sugary ketchup, choose low-fat sour cream or protein rich Greek yogurt with fresh herbs.
recipes and nutritional information: baked potato slices of asigo with sour cream and leek.
Credit: Sarah pfluglert / livestrong.com
2. Mediterranean style feta cream seasoning makes you feel relaxed and happy! Roasted zucchini is no longer the preferred way to eat this multifunctional vegetable. Zucchini is now the darling of the farmers' market. If you haven't tried to make vegetable noodles with a screw, it's time to make them. This is a good way to increase the amount of vegetables in your diet. The taste of zucchini is neutral. It is a low carbohydrate pasta substitute. It can absorb the taste of any food combined with it. It's perfect with cherry tomatoes and gets double doses of vitamin C. Stir yoghurt and goat's milk sauce, add a small amount of protein and calcium, and add some good flavor.
formula and nutrition information: the Mediterranean region is very popular.
Credit: Sarah pflugradt / Livestrong. Com
III. Sweet potato provides water and sweetness for this healthy and light breakfast biscuit. They also allow you to start the day with beta carotene. Whole wheat oatmeal rolls and pecans will help fill you with a good fiber dose. Because most adults don't get the recommended amount of fiber a day (25 grams for women and 38 grams for men), these cookies are an interesting way to help you achieve your goals.
Sweet Potato biscuits can be made with milk or non milk (for people with allergies or intolerance). Maple syrup with a less refined sugar, it's just the right sweetness. You won't miss breakfast because these things are waiting for you.
recipe and nutrition information: sweet potato, maple and pecan breakfast biscuit Credit: Sarah pfluglert / Livestrong. Com
4. Nutritionists often say that you shouldn't eat foods you can't pronounce. This salad is an exception to that rule. Cruciferous vegetables (kroo sifer US) are a kind of healthy food, such as broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, etc. A meta-analysis published in the Journal of cardiovascular disease of jrsm in 2016 found that daily consumption of cruciferous vegetables can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. You can supplement your daily cabbage with regular high-fat coleslaw, but this updated version uses a seasoning consisting of peanuts, ginger and lime to make you want to eat cruciferous vegetables all day, every day.
recipes and nutrition information: cruciferous trio with peanut ginger and lime sauce credit card: Sarah pflugradt / Livestrong. Com
5. Mexico Street corn, avocado sauce > do you know that corn can be considered as vegetables and whole grains? According to the whole grain Association, fresh corn is usually considered a vegetable, while dry corn - like popcorn - is a whole grain. Either way, you get a lot of fiber.
corn on the streets of Mexico is the favorite summer dish of barbecue lovers in all places. Traditionally, it's spread with mayonnaise and baked directly on a corncob. But the twist adds more delicious vegetables and spices. Avocado Butter instead of mayonnaise, add healthy monounsaturated fat and cholesterol free. This is a good side dish or top for grilled fish or chicken.
formula and nutrition information: Mexican Street corn avocado sauce Credit: span> Sarah pfrgrutt / levistangs> > H3> 6. There is no better way to pickle carrots and cucumbers with fresh dill and black pepper than with delicious salted water. Pickling is an ancient process of food preservation. Although experienced picklers like to use canned preservation methods, these pickles are kept delicious and crispy in the refrigerator. Although you can eat these pickles in a day or two, they will taste much better in a week. Worried about wet vegetables? Don't do like that! The carrots and cucumbers cut into thin slices are still crisp and delicious after being put in the refrigerator for several months, with the taste of delicious dill pickles.
recipes and nutritional information: pickled carrots and cucumbers with fresh dill and black pepper corn.
Credit: Sarah pflugradt / livestrong.com
7. In the days when zucchini and zucchini are in full bloom in the local farmer's market, eat some zucchini and zucchini to make pizza. That's right. - pizza! Zucchini and pumpkin are not only low in calories, but also high in vitamin C. The thin pizza is topped with pumpkin and sprinkled with arugula. Because the U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends that half of every plate be filled with fruits and vegetables, so pizza is full of vitamin C. YesWith zucchini, zucchini and spicy arugula, you can get closer to that goal.
recipes and nutrition information: zucchini pizza with cream mozzarella and arugula Credit: Sarah pfluglert / Livestrong. Com
8. Tuscany Spinach Mushroom spaghetti
who doesn't like spaghetti? But you may be too scared to do it yourself. Why not get some help from the packed wonton bags? Ravioli is an ideal container for more vegetables. They are very suitable for Mediterranean food. This diet is rich in plant foods, pasta, cheese, olive oil and bread. US News and world report also ranked it number one on the best overall diet list in 2019. Many studies, including an article published in the journal Nutrition in 2015, have shown the role of Mediterranean diet in the prevention of chronic diseases. The elements of this dish, including vegetables and olive oil, make it a perfect complement to the Mediterranean diet.
recipes and nutrition information: Tuscan spinach and mushroom Italian dumplings Credit: Sarah pflugradt / Livestrong. Com
9. Slow roasted beets with basil jam may be one of the healthiest vegetables you don't eat. They are high in nitrates and are sometimes blamed for being used as preservatives in food. But the nitrates in beets break down into nitric oxide in the digestive system. According to the nutrition 2017 review, beet juice can improve performance by improving muscle function. Not an athlete? Beet is still a kind of nutrition power. They can provide vitamin C, iron and potassium, and a cup can provide almost four grams of fiber.
recipes and nutritional information: slow roasted beet with basil jam Credit: Sarah pfluglert / livestrong.com
10. Vegetarians and non vegetarians will surely agree that delicious cream soup is invincible, especially on cold autumn and winter nights. There's no reason for vegetarians not to eat cream soup and not real cream. This roasted red pepper soup is a simple and easy to make soup. Its cream flavor comes from white bean paste, which also adds fiber and protein. Simply, use canned roasted red peppers and tomatoes.
recipes and nutrition information: vegetarian cream roasted red pepper soup